Spaniard runner in the world

I'm from Spain, I like running and I'm living out of Spain, all over the world for more than 9 years. And with this blog I can practize my written english... Every body is welcome!!

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Could it be Chicago??

The other day, speaking with people from my company, I knew that maybe our next destination could be Chicago. We don't have any knowledge about cities in the United States, but this possible destination made us feeling a bit down. Why?? One special matter: because of the weather.

After living in the south of Chile and the north of Portugal, we are expecting some sun and not so much rain: those two places were specially rainy. So, when we realized the average of temperatures in Chicago, and the general weather conditions of the city, we didn't feel very happy thinking on the possibility of going there. Maybe we are wrong, and it's a good place to live, but for a Spaniard couple, those aren't the ideal weather conditions to live: half a meter of snow the whole winter is not wonderful.

Let's wait for news.

Even that, I enjoyed my last training on the snow, but I liked it because it won't repeat in years!!

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger LeahC said...

Hi there. I'm a fellow runner and live in Chicago and I love living here! I admit that the winters might be less than desireable. However, the summers here are awesome. You can get some really warm days, but our lakefront is unreal. The running/bike path along the lake is 18 miles long with several beaches along the way. The path is jammed in the summers with runner/bikers/roller bladers and so on. And there is a ton to do in the summers with street fairs and so on. It's a clean, and very friendly city as well. good luck finding a place!

7:55 PM  
Blogger jcerunner said...

Really thanks for your comments. Let's wait and see.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counters US Map