Spaniard runner in the world

I'm from Spain, I like running and I'm living out of Spain, all over the world for more than 9 years. And with this blog I can practize my written english... Every body is welcome!!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Dogs and owners...

Today I would have had a perfect run if I hadn't found a "beautiful" dog in the middle of the way looking at me as if I were a big tasty bone!!

While I was running on the trail near the Lima river, in a very isolated zone, I heart some people talking, I looked in front of me and I saw a group of four or five persons, walking with their dog. The dog was some meters advanced, looking at me, quiet. As I use to do on those situations, I slowed down and crossed next to the dog walking, while the owners continued talking to each other without doing anything. On the same time, I was thinking on using the ultrasonic dog deterrent that I had with me.

But after some endless seconds, nothing happened, and I continued with my running thinking: "Look, dogs aren't so bad with runners, you're always thinking the worse!!"

Therty minutes later, on my way back, in a narrow part of the trail, I heart again the same group...and I saw again my friend!! But this time, the dog wasn't quiet, he ran towards me and tried to bite me!! I began jumping trying to avoid been bited on the feet. On the same time the owners tried to caugth the dog without success. After some seconds of "dancing running", the dog went away and the owners continued walking peacefully laughing about the situation...

After that I thought a lot what I should have done to handle in a better way the situation. Should I have used the ultrasonic dog deterrent?? Should I have kicked the dog? Should I have shouted against the owners??

I feel always bad after those situations, it's really frustrating to be bothered by dogs and the owners just looking at it like idiots without doing anything useful!! Why don't they control in a better way their dogs??

It's always the same, it's only a question of education and respect for other people, so simple!! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counters US Map