Spaniard runner in the world

I'm from Spain, I like running and I'm living out of Spain, all over the world for more than 9 years. And with this blog I can practize my written english... Every body is welcome!!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Running with Chema...

This Sunday,I couldn't go running with the Garabitas Group, my friends. So, I decided to run alone, near my house, my long training. I wanted to do more than half marathon run, preparing the Madrid's marathon.

I did a 2 hours run, and when I was coming back home, I saw in front of me, on the other side of the street, a runner coming straight ahead to me. As I knew that Chema Martínez, one of the best long distance spaniard runners was my neighbor, I thought Maybe it's him!!...and It was him!!
Then, I didn't think it twice, I crossed the street and I told him if I could run a few minutes with him!! He was very kind and I enjoyed those minutes really a lot. It was wonderful!!

At the end I ran 2 hours 6', between 23,5 and 24 km (14,6-14,9 miles) and I was really happy!!

After that, we went all the family to spend the day in Aranjuez. A wonderful day!!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger LeahC said...

oooh how exciting! That's awesome that you went across the street to run with him.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is exciting. If I had seen a swimmer or some other athlete that I really looked up to, I would have acted in the same way. I bet you felt more of a high after that!@

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counters US Map