Spaniard runner in the world

I'm from Spain, I like running and I'm living out of Spain, all over the world for more than 9 years. And with this blog I can practize my written english... Every body is welcome!!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Only three days!!!

Well, it's here. The marathon has arrived!! I can't do anything more, just wait!! Today I have done my last run: 9,3 km (5,7 miles) at 5:15 pace (8:25 in miles).

After thinking about it, I have already decided the strategy of my first marathon: I will try to do 3:45 time. I will begin slowly (I know the first half is a bit harder than the second one, even if the differences aren’t very important): I will try to do the half marathon in 1:52-1:54 and look until km 35 to see how I feel. After that, do as I can!!

I will run at the beginning with some friends of the Garabitas Group, people that I usually run on Sundays. They have told me they want to have my same pace, let’s see.

I feel OK, a bit nervous, but OK. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Good luck, JC!

You have obviously trained well and put some good thought into your race strategy, so I know you will do great.

Please let us know how it goes.

5:29 PM  
Blogger LeahC said...

oooh so EXCITING!!!!

I wish you the best of luck and have fun! Looking forward to the race report already!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I like your web site a lot. It is amusing.
Like you, I am a Spaniard. I was running for two years in an athletic team from Logrono called El Corvo until I moved to France. I started running really late at the age of 27 and I am now 36. My first half marathon was done in 1hour 29 minutes. I didn’t do a marathon. Nevertheless I did mountain marathons and I really enjoyed them. I think that the more I run the better I feel.

I did the Logrono half marathon in 2001 in 1 hour and 30 minutes. It was in June and the heat was out of this world! I think it was the only half marathon I suffered from the beginning till the end. I also ran in Vitoria and in Alcala del Moncayo. In this last marathon, I was the first woman in my category and I was really proud because it was my first half marathon.

I left Spain in 2002 and since then I am not running for an athletic club. I really miss it!!!! Now I use to swim and cycle because I have a sacro-iliac strain and I cannot run. The doctor gave me anti-inflammatories and prescribed rest. I am a bit worried because a month has passed already and I can feel the pain there. It is less, but I don’t feel in the condition to start running again.

For the moment I resign myself to read runners’comments....

Good luck in your raices.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counters US Map