Spaniard runner in the world

I'm from Spain, I like running and I'm living out of Spain, all over the world for more than 9 years. And with this blog I can practize my written english... Every body is welcome!!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Madrid's Marathon...

Yes, it's over, the 29th edition of the Madrid's Marathon is now history...and now my name is in it!!

I have finished my first marathon!! and I have finished under 4h00, in 3h49'33'' (chip time). I'm really satisfied of the work done preparing the race and also the results of it. I think maybe I could have been able to reduce the final time, but this is not important now!! I'm sure I will have more chances to do it in the future, but in the first marathon I think it's really good I have finished in good conditions after the race, running all the time and "happy" the whole race!!

But, even I'm really conscient of the meaning of finishing a marathon and the hard effort necessary to do it!! My congratulations to every finisher of a marathon!!

And why not my second marathon in the United States...

Thanks for all the bloggers who have encouraged me during the preparation, it means a lot for me.

On the picture, the Garabitas Group and me... Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah Congrats on an awesome time! I wouldn't even have gotten past the first few miles/kilometers... 10K is all I go... I think that's just spiffy... Now if you would say swim, that would be different.

6:37 PM  
Blogger LeahC said...

congrats! and welcome to the marathon club!

8:49 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

Congratulations!! that is an awesome time! Be proud!

2:39 AM  
Blogger jcerunner said...

John, I'm sorry I couldn't answer before, but I've been out of town for a week and half, without internet conexion. The next 27th is the half marathon race in LogroƱo: La Rioja half marathon race: http://servicios.larioja.com/maraton

That's all I can tell you.

Enjoy your visit to Spain!!

11:10 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

Congratulations! (I know I am so late to say so!) What a terrific time!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counters US Map